I’d have to say that one of the questions I’m most asked is, “How do I get over a break up?”
The sudden end of a relationship can feel like it’s the end of the world.
- Your life stops.
- Your routine immediately breaks down.
- You can’t eat.
- You can’t stop crying.
- You wear your friends and family out.
- You think you’ll NEVER get over the other person.
Guess what? You will. And if you do things right, you’ll get past this initial bad stage quickly.
Remember this… whenever emotions are involved, we will most surely exaggerate the circumstances.
Therefore, the situation is made much worse by your mind.
- You imagine the other person is living it up.
- You imagine the other person is already in love with someone else.
- You imagine yourself as a victim.
- You imagine yourself “showing them” by destroying your own life.
What’s really happening?
Some call it a “soul tie,” but in reality, you’re experiencing something similar to that of an addict who’s suddenly gone cold turkey.
That’s why even a relatively short relationship can leave you feeling as if you were breaking up after a few years together.
Break ups are harmful because…
- Break ups can damage your self-esteem.
- Break ups leave you confused.
- Break ups cost you in time and emotional energy.
- Break ups can strain your friendships.
- Break ups can leave you embittered.
But if you learn what to do during this season, you can…
- Become a stronger person.
- Become better prepared for the right relationship.
- Become an example of how to handle tragedy.
- Become more healthy.
- Become more effective at controlling your mind and emotions.
That’s what I’m covering in this week’s 5-message video series, How to Get Over a Break Up, from my Life Domination Online Coaching Program. Take a few minutes right now to watch Episode 1 of this life-changing series.
If you’d like to join the Life Domination Online Coaching Program, you can learn about it here. It’s only $19.97 per month, and that provides you access to all the videos—as well as the archives of past teaching series—as well as an invitation to a private Facebook group where the videos are shown.
The best part is that you’ll be in that private group along with me and other committed people just like you. I can’t begin to tell you how encouraging it is. You’ll receive the daily support you’re looking for to help you create your best life.
You can start at any time, and you can cancel at any time. No long, binding contracts. Click to learn more. I’d love to have you there!