- When most people are defeated, it’s not life that does it. They do it to themselves.
- When most people are “held back,” it’s not life or circumstances that are holding them back. They’re doing it to themselves.
- And when people feel imprisoned, they’re imprisoning themselves.
- And when people feel guilty, they punish themselves.
The problem is that their self-punishment never fits their crime!
And their self-created prison is a doorless one—they could leave it at any time, but they don’t.
While their life goes by, there’s an endless conversation going on in their heads:
- They’re talking themselves out of trying.
- They’re talking themselves out of believing.
- They’re talking themselves out of being happy.
- They’re talking themselves out of anything that they know would improve their lives.
How could they do such a thing to themselves? Well, they need some kind of “justification.” They need a valid reason for judging themselves, and believe me, they’ll find it!
But since they’re basically good people, there’s really not much to judge themselves about, so they end up making major issues out of minor ones to justify holding themselves back. In other words, they might slack off on their commitments, but they treat themselves as if they committed a crime!
- You THINK you’re doing a good thing by holding yourself back.
- You THINK you’re doing a good thing by punishing yourself.
- You THINK you’re doing a good thing by limiting your life.
You’re NOT. Here’s why:
- Your friends and family need you to be your best you.
- Being your best you means maximizing your life.
- You’ll enrich more lives when you’re happy.
- You’ll heal your past when you develop yourself.
It’s in the best interest of yourself, your loved ones, and the world, for you to maximize your life regardless of what you’ve done or what’s been done to you.
That’s what I’m covering this week in my Life Domination Group in this 5-message series, How to Stop Punishing Yourself & Start Living Your Life Again. Watch Episode 1 now:
If you’d like to join my Life Domination Online Coaching Group, you can learn about it here. It’s only $19.97 per month, and that provides you access to all the videos—as well as the archives of past teaching series—as well as an invitation to the private Facebook group where the videos are shown.
The best part is that you’ll be in that private group along with me and other committed people just like you. I can’t begin to tell you how encouraging it is. You’ll receive the daily support you’re looking for to help you create your best life.